In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1papas fritas femeninopatatas fritas femenino Españapapas a la francesa femenino Colombia México
- Choose a salad instead of French fries, or cheese pizza instead of pepperoni, she advised.
- Danny the bartender came charging into the kitchen to demand ketchup with the French fries for his customer.
- Those things you call French fries are not real chips.
- By the time Crystal's order arrived Angel had already chosen a salad, special French fries in savory sauce and an ice cream.
- But all too often those who gather around the table wish for French fries, a burger, and a Coke.
- The most requested last meal is a cheeseburger and French fries.
- The burger comes with French fries and a bottle of beer.
- This practice can reduce your risk of over-indulging on steak or French fries.
- People were eating hamburgers and French fries for every single meal.
- Individual plates, piled high with thick club sandwiches and crispy French fries, were passed round to everyone present.
- They also were more likely to eat potato chips and French fries than were students in most other countries.
- It is a mixture of French fries with fresh cheddar cheese curds, covered with hot gravy.
- I was addicted to the burgers and the French fries and the pizza and the fried chicken and all those other things out there.
- Throughout the country, French fries are eaten with steaks or minced raw meat.
- He loaded it up with chopped cucumber and tomato salad, French fries and a mysterious meat substance.
- He served the meal of turkey burgers and French fries with a flourish.
- Jennifer narrowed her eyes and dunked her French fry in more ketchup.
- After a nice steak dinner with French fries and a salad everyone gathered around Charney to look at the pictures.
- He nodded, drowning a French fry in ketchup before sliding it into his mouth.
- Starch and sugar content are also important for the quality of processed products such as potato chips and French fries.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.