1.1(close acquaintance)amigo masculinoamiga femeninoa friend of ours/my father('s)/the family — un amigo nuestro/de mi padre/de la familia
- she's no friend of mine — amiga mía no es
- he felt he was among friends — se sentía entre amigos
- they're staying with friends — están en casa de unos amigos
- her many friends — sus muchas amistades
- they've been friends for years — hace años que son amigos
- they're very close friends — son íntimos amigos
- (said by children) I'm not friends with you any more! — ya no juego / no me junto más contigo
- to make a friend of sb — ganarse la amistad de algn
- any friend of yours is a friend of mine — tus amigos son mis amigos
- who goes there: friend or foe? — ¿quién vive?
- friend with benefits — amigo con ventaja
- Gerry celebrated the occasion with his family and close friends and a great night was had by all.
- A lucky minority were housed with relatives or family friends who were already established in the UK.
- They can also supplement an existing home care arrangement provided by family or close friends.
- He rendered a couple of poems to applause from the audience, most of whom were his friends and relatives.
- He will be remembered with much affection by his family and close friends.
- The sincere sympathy of the community is extended to her family, relatives and friends on their loss.
- Family, relations and friends can be a source of help and comfort.
- You stay with close friends and family and treasure a cozy feeling at home.
- Make an effort to cultivate effective relationships with family, friends and colleagues
- Those were moments not to be missed, as so many relatives and family friends were present.
- Glenn nearly destroyed my future and relationships with friends and family.
- Rowly, as he was known to almost everyone, was a close friend to the Kennedy family.
- NASA permits astronauts to take some souvenirs for their family and close friends.
- This recipe comes from a close friend of mine with whom I worked when I was living in London.
- I just don't put enough effort into my relationships with my friends and family.
- On the second day, we went to visit a couple of family friends and a relative who are in mourning.
- Jason was joined by family relatives and friends for a celebration party in Fallon's Bar.
- Their home was a very happy place, which family, relatives and friends loved to visit.
- Many estate owners do not have family or friends whom they can confidently nominate in their estate plan.
- He has been slowly rebuilding his life with the help of close friends and family.
1.2(supporter)amigo masculinoamiga femeninothe Friends of Kingston Hospital — la Asociación de Amigos del Hospital de Kingston
- Chairman of the Friends of the Museum and borough councillor John McCloy does not see a problem.
- The Friends will also be at the Dounby show to drum up some more support.
- The new Hospital Garden, provided by the Friends this year, is being well used by patients.
- He says the other way he hopes some of the Friends would be able to assist is through fundraising.
- The building's owners have now offered the Friends the opportunity to buy the Winter Gardens.
- The Friends of Roberts Park are currently looking at projects we can tackle.
- But it might not now happen for another year, a member of Friends of East Park fears.
- Volunteers from the Friends of the Heritage Centre will also man the building.
- He also met representatives of English Heritage and spoke to some of the Friends of Victoria Baths.
- The Friends of St Mary's Church was set up in 1998 to raise money to maintain the church.
- Mrs Marigold Hibbert is a Friend of St Mary's Hospital in a small northern town.
- Part of the funds raised by the sale of the book will be donated to the Friends of St Peter's Church.
- Mr Ritchie said the Friends would continue to campaign for a year round ban.
- He also said the work was carried out after consulting the Friends of Rochdale Cemetery and visitors.
- The Friends of Healey Dell fear the move could put local wildlife at risk.
- There is also an appeal for anyone who might join the Friends of St Andrew's.
- All funds raised from the event will assist the work of the Friends of the Koala.
- Krause maintains that not everyone joins the Friends or stays a member for the same reason.
- Written by Elizabeth, chair of the Friends, it is the result of four years of teamwork by the committee.
- The Friends of Imber Church feel let down.
1.3euphemistic (lover)amigo masculino eufemismoamiga femenino eufemismo
2FriendReligióncuáquero masculinocuáquera femeninothe Society of Friends — la Sociedad de los Amigos
- At the Society of Friends, he would put his arm around newcomers and encourage them into the group.
1agregar (a) amigosagregar (a) contactos