In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Frisbee masculino marca registrada
- And it's been interesting having children throw frisbees at me, even though they seemed to be aiming for my head.
- Here again we found ourselves behind a group of school children enthusiastically volunteering to feed the sea lions and throw them frisbees at the afternoon show.
- People were taking walks, going fishing in the pond, throwing frisbees for their dogs, or simply having lunch in the shade of the trees.
- People are going to be throwing frisbees no matter what.
- As I pulled into the driveway, I noticed the numerous chew toys and frisbees scattered here and there.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.