In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1femenino frondafemenino hoja
- You can pick out a range of subtle colours in the vegetation: the russet fronds of bracken, the fresh green stems of bilberry and the purple twigs of birch.
- In one hectare, the utilizable wood volume of coconut fronds per palm is about 996 board feet per year.
- The fern most prized by the Maori was Asplenium bulbiferum, the hen and chicken fern, so called because of its habit of producing new plants on the old fronds.
- Ferns increase in percent cover until July when the fronds are fully expanded.
- For a number of years after I moved out to Los Angeles, I had a palm tree with a frond that hung out over the pool.
- On the outside edge, starting about a foot from the cut end, notch the frond until you get all the way across.
- The branches seem to be laid out flat, like fern fronds, while it is the colouring that gives the foliage variety of appearance and depth.
- During the breeding season they develop a golden wash on the upper wing due to their habit of nesting in the fronds of the palm trees.
- Fallen leaves are swept into heaps, only to be blown away again and large palm fronds and tree branches scatter the tarmac.
- Once the fronds have given off their spores, they die and can be cut back.
- Pieced together, they represent Wattieza, a tree that looked like modern-day palm with a crown of fronds that grew up to 30 feet high and reproduced through spores.
- I looked and could see nothing at all but dried, brown leaves with a few delicate fern fronds thrusting through them.
- The frond of this fern has two forms of pinnae.
- It's leaves are deeply cut, but many stems make up a single frond on this plant.
- Around the trunk of this tree were tied leaves and fronds, and - a pile of little pots and dishes of meat were laid out on what looked like a kind of altar.
- To give your palms an instant face lift, remove any dead fronds, heavy seed heads and remnants of dead stalk from the trunks.
- Leaving fronds with nesting bats untrimmed keeps the young bat families safe and the trimming of other palm fronds nearby does not disturb them.
- To understand these diagrams it is important to keep in mind that the duckweed plants consists of a cluster of fronds descended from a single mother frond.
- ‘Fed up with the cost of caring for the trees, with their errant fronds that plunge perilously each winter, and with the fact that they provide little shade,’ Los Angeles has declared war on its iconic, though invasive, palm trees.
- She heard some rustling, and glanced out the window at the palm tree waving its fronds in the wind.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.