In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Being economical and frugal is one thing, being a tightwad to the detriment of the investment we all have in living here is something else all together.
- Years of being frugal with their money doesn't change in one night - or one pull of a slot machine handle.
- They believe this would encourage manufacturers to be more frugal with resources.
- He even started working full-time and being extra frugal with his money.
- I told you that I hated to waste money and that I was very frugal.
- Despite the outside income and a frugal lifestyle, the couple still lacks health insurance.
- Schmidt is potentially a cold character, spartan with words and frugal with money.
- Yet Basques were also respected as hard workers who were frugal with their money and conservative in their politics.
- Naturally frugal with time and money, I'm always looking for shortcuts.
- "There's nothing wrong with being frugal, " he chided her.
- Furthermore, nature is notoriously frugal with her resources.
- Many of us live a frugal existence because of past provisions we made and are not entitled to supplementary benefit etc.
- Friendly, easy-going and always ready to stop and talk or provide advice, even though compared to most visitors many of them live a frugal existence to say the least.
- He was normally very frugal with the Corps' credits.
- What are your ideas for saving money and being frugal with fabrics and sewing?
- All the changes that are incentivised by the solutions economy, rewarding providers and customers for frugal use of resources, and for complete recovery.
- There is a virtue to this way of organizing things as it meant I was rewarded economically for my frugal use of energy instead of subsidizing the neighbours who chose to leave their lights on.
- Well, you know he is notoriously frugal.
- She had very regular working habits and a frugal lifestyle.
- He took seriously his pledge made at the outset of the war that he would live a frugal and abstemious existence as long as the war lasted.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.