In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(dish)ensalada de frutas femeninomacedonia de frutas femeninocóctel de frutas masculino
- Is the person in front of you at the grocery store buying single-serving mac 'n' cheese and fruit cocktail and maybe even one of those mini astrology scrolls?
- I scooped up two gallon cans of fruit cocktail and a bag of bread and returned to my station.
- We could have chosen peach or pineapple Melba, fruit cocktail or lychees in syrup.
- Marcy agreed, and together they went to the ship and began to root through what supplies they had, coming up with a can of fruit cocktail in preservative juices, two water bottles, a half pound of red meat, and flat bread.
- A fruit cocktail sounds like fun until you realise there's no alcohol in it.
- In a mixing bowl lightly beat the eggs, then stir in the sugar, baking soda, salt and fruit cocktail with juice.
- Decorate it with sliced mango and this will not only look gorgeous, it will taste like a tropical fruit cocktail.
- I combined the oranges and fruit cocktail in a large Ziploc bag, sealed it tightly, then spent fifteen minutes squeezing and mashing it lovingly until it was the consistency of a pulpy paste.
- Trading a slice of chocolate cheesecake for a fruit cocktail of grapes, strawberries and raspberries (a good idea in any case) provides ellagic acid, a tannin that may block enzymes needed for cancer cells to reproduce.
- Most pears grown today are either sold fresh or they're canned, dried, or processed into fruit cocktail, nectar, juice, baby food, or other familiar offerings.
- Believe me Dad, if she is strong enough to survive an assault from a truck, she is strong enough to carry fruit cocktail to all the guests.
- In the end, I just selected a small can of fruit cocktail from the shelves above the fridge and went to look for a fork.
- Pare the skin and eat plain or add to a fruit cocktail.
- Red 3, which is found in the cherries in fruit cocktail, some types of confectionery and baked produce, is known to cause thyroid cancer in rats.
- Two cups of fruit cocktail in its own juice (no sugar added) yields 60 grams of carbs and 400 mg potassium.
- If they still have room for dessert and don't fancy Christmas pudding, fruit cocktail or melon are options.
- Bracing myself for tinned fruit cocktail in a light syrup, I was pleasantly surprised to be served really fresh banana, grapes and pineapple.
- Fresh cut pear and soft spice aromas meander to a pineapple led tropical fruit cocktail and refreshing pear drop finish.
- Maybe you might want a fruit cocktail or something.
- Just then, Kevin stepped outside, and leaned against the house, still eating his fruit cocktail.
2Britanico(drink)mezcla de jugos de fruta
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.