1femenino atmósfera viciada
- I found refuge in the staff room, with its smoke fug, low chairs and tea-stained mugs.
- People are shouting and swearing through the hellish fug and everyone seems to be called Jack.
- A personal oxygen supply or a gas mask are essentials together with a machete to cut through the cigarette fug.
- Surreal, then, to find a table full of fat men upstairs, shrouded by a fug of cigarette smoke, all tucking in to boeuf and pommes de terre.
- There's a warm fug coming from the busy kitchen, where, to the accompaniment of clattering pans, staff are preparing everything from fish fingers and beans to pizza, jacket potato wedges and ham salad rolls.
- But the smoke was awful, a choking fug that made it harder to enjoy the beer.
- The downstairs bar specialises in spirits from around the world, while in the Cigar du Vin the air is permeated with the agreeable fug of good cigars.
- There's a warm fug in the lounge of the Acomb Working Men's Club: drifting cigarette smoke mingled with the clink of glasses and neighbourly chat.
- It took about 15 minutes, with the air conditioning going at full blast, to remove the fug.
- It is all a far cry from the old days of the 1980s, when journalists used to work in a fug of smoke in a nicotine-stained newsroom at the paper's former headquarters in Coney Street.
- Desperate for a sign, I haul it upstairs to a bedroom, where I let a series of fags burn out in an ashtray, creating a nasty fug, then leave it on overnight.
- By my observation, made during many an unhappy hour spent sitting in the noxious fug of the waiting room, the interval needed by the doctor between patients averages out at about… ten minutes.
- The addition of a bass player would probably make this music more conventional, like opting for the warm fug of a country pub instead of daring to go for a ridgewalk in blustery weather.
- The experience is suggestive of walking through an inner city shopping mall before ending up in the laser-lit fug of a rave.
- At work, I smelt of developer and fixer and the fug of the darkroom.