In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1que se adapta al cuerpo
- All fully fashioned stockings have heels knitted in them during the construction process which gives an attractive finish highlighting the ankle (as well as providing extra strength).
- In another embodiment, both the thumb mold and hand mold employ a male-female configuration wherein a male form pushes the appropriate materials into a female cavity so that a fully contoured shape is attained for the full-fashioned glove.
- Some 300 hosiery workers had traveled by train from Reading, Pennsylvania, the heart of the country's full-fashioned hosiery industry, to challenge the premises of the silk-free fashion show.
- Competitors' snugly-fitting, full-fashioned silk stockings responded better to the post-war changes in women's dress, and made deep inroads into the sale of traditional circular knit hosiery.
- When washing these fully fashioned stockings you should hand wash separately in lukewarm water with a mild detergent and lay them on a flat absorbent surface to dry.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.