In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(gen con fines benéficos) maratón popular feminine
- As well as the marathon there was a relay team race, a fun run and a walk, all taking place in bright sunshine and warm weather.
- The marathon, together with its linked fun run, relay and wheelchair race, passed off without incident.
- Now, however, employers are waking up to the idea that corporate social responsibility entails more than just sponsoring a fun run.
- More than 20 charities had planned to set up stalls along the road and had organised sponsored walks, a fun run, balloon rides, a funfair and a vintage car rally.
- The fun run was sponsored by the Croydon Guardian and other local businesses.
- The Geraldton Harriers Club is organising a marathon fun run to promote a healthy lifestyle.
- Moleketi said the family event will include a 21 km marathon, a 10 km race and a 5km fun run.
- Race director Peter Robinson said: ‘The half marathon is for serious runners but the fun runs mean there is something to suit everybody.’
- The club hopes 200 runners will take part in their first fun run to help raise £1, 000.
- The National Autistic Society has entry forms for several of the UK's top marathons and fun runs and is inviting runners to raise much-needed funds through sponsorship.
- Other events include a 10 km race, a 5km fun run, a 400m jog for pre-schoolers and a celebrity street mile.
- However, we are not having much luck in York because our fun run at the race course was rained off this year.
- Runners will join the five-mile and one-mile family fun runs on Sunday May 11 at Heaton Park, with all the proceeds going to research into children's cancer.
- An estimated 25,000 people per day have ran across the ‘two bridges’ since 1979, in a multitude of fun runs, sponsored hikes and wacky races, which engineers say have taken their toll on the bridge.
- Staff raised thousands more by organising a fun run, charity discos and raffles.
- Corporations whose products are blamed for encouraging obesity and causing heart disease are only too keen to improve their image by sponsoring life-enhancing fun runs and marathons.
- In addition to being a fine eatery, Sorrentino's has installed itself in the community hosting charity events, sponsoring fun runs and giving everyone a great excuse to get garlic breath.
- All the funds raised during the event will be distributed between Tendring Technology College, the hosts of the fun run, and local charities
- Three charity fun runs at Lancaster University are part of a huge community event which aims to entertain the whole family while raising thousands of pounds for local charities.
- The Wellington Race is a 5km fun run in Wellington Boots.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.