In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
inglés de Sudáfrica
1aficionado masculinoaficionada femenino
- Who knows - it could give birth to computer fundis, right here in Lower Seplan.
- The clash at the Orient Theatre two years ago left Funeka so battered, though he won, that some boxing fundis thought he would never box again.
- Galloway told the court that both brothers were computer fundis and she feared they would tamper with or destroy Internet information needed by the state.
- Health fundis will be pleased to know that South Africa is finally joining the western world in climbing on to the organic bandwagon.
- For art fundis, the NSA Art Gallery will exhibit the artworks of former students who are now working professionally, as a well as present students and community-based artists.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.