In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Música(invariable adjective) funky
- The result is a lively blend of jazz, restrained hip-hop and funky feel-good rhythm.
- The Montreal crew share a technique, processing tiny fragments of sound into bubbling, funky, minimal house music.
- Their music, a funky twist of '80s new wave and '90s indie, drew in onlookers as they pushed through their set.
- Kahakalau's multicultural, multilingual background is reflected in her music, which ranges from soft Hawaiian rhythms to funky reggae beats.
- The background music was funky jazz, just right for a Saturday lunchtime.
- The result builds on the success of his earlier efforts by delivering a smooth, intoxicating mixture of beats and funky rhythms that provide the perfect soundtrack to any chilled out mood.
- The music was funky, but didn't inspire impromptu dancing the last night I was there which was a shame.
- As we arrived at the race site, Simon had on his headphones listening to funky music.
- The show is a pure play on energy, filled with funky beats and strong singing and dancing.
- Coffee sounded great; a quiet, warm shop filled with funky music and the aroma of coffee.
- The exotic funky music played really added to the night coupled with the mixed friendly crowd.
- The level loaded and funky techno music filled the room.
- People naturally respond to the diminutive sax man's keening sound, funky rhythms and bluesy riffs.
- With their funky beats, James Brown samples and goofy lyrics, this duo achieved a mainstream breakthrough for hip-hop.
- Finally, Toby Weymouth will round things off with funky techno and breaks.
- ‘My original intention, and it still is, was to have very positive, funky, party dance music,’ he says.
- Music will include funky techno, a cappella singers, dance floor jazz, and chilled house.
- Both tracks are up-tempo numbers that also show the influence of the Ramsey Lewis Trio's funky jazz, but with the crucial addition of vibes.
- Always an Irish favourite, Justin is equally at home playing pumping house as funky techno and always rocks the party.
- Today, Maceo leads his own soldiers across the world playing the same old funky music he's been playing over the course of the last few decades.
2(stylish)en la onda EEUU coloquialenrollado España EEUU coloquial(style) original
- These stylishly funky e-mail invites have great graphics, most with sound clips and animations.
- They were really strange, funky clothes and I kept wondering if they managed to get the right size and why they would do this.
- During the second half of the evening casual and funky clothes were modelled as the girls gave everyone ideas for a Saturday night out with a difference.
- If teenagers want to dye their hair, paint their fingernails black, or wear funky clothes, it may be worth thinking twice before you object.
- I'm trying to make this a modern and funky place to live.
- The clothes are funky, the sideburns are long, and the attitude is far out.
- The ninth house I lived in was a funky modern architectural travesty.
- Are you getting bored with the modern, slick and funky eateries around town?
- The aim is to promote a funky, modern image of Chichester, in keeping with the new type of buyer that estate agents have identified.
- The setting might have been old but what they were making there was modern and funky.
- This is the eighth year of funky crafts, clothes, cards and hopefully more of those neat pillows they had last year.
- The heavy drapes were pulled down making it quite dark, while the cutlery and accessories are modern and funky.
- Add lighting to your office with funky, stylish desk and standing lamps.
- They are also stylish, funky, and sexy: even snow-boarders are sporting less baggy attire.
- We were in the Haight, a neighborhood known for head shops, funky clothes and '60s memorabilia.
- He tackles a variety of styles, from his signature over-the-top look through chic, romantic, modern and funky, and on to downright conservative.
- Keep one simple pair for everyday use and get one funky or stylish pair for certain occasions, like a night out on the town, or to go with a particular outfit.
- Jane Bond's Martinis are one of its features and, though pricey at $6.85, are just as stylish, funky and classy as the rest of the restaurant.
- The company offers clothing that is trendy and funky, so you don't have to substitute style for politics.
- The clothes are wonderful, a mix of funky, stylish and classic pieces.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.