In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1programa de cursos de extensión cultural para adultos
- Yet entering the workplace doesn't close the door on further education.
- The fund aims to help string players through further education to become teachers or performers.
- It includes measure-making powers for the Welsh Assembly, mainly in relation to further education.
- Partner people considering further education with those currently studying.
- Both Mary and Catherine were interested in education and even further education for girls.
- The AoC believes further education has been overlooked historically with more focus on schools and universities.
- My point is really that girls will go on to further education if they are good enough, whereas many boys will do regardless.
- There are thousands who have no access to further education or specialist journals.
- This had been applied to schools and colleges of further education.
- In further education and sixth form colleges lecturers and teachers can help students organise meetings.
- Lone parents tend to be more poorly educated and trained and there are severe barriers for further education and training.
- Events relating to further education are searchable by region.
- The college offers a variety of part time or full time courses from further education to postgraduate level.
- The provision of a third-level centre locally makes further education much more accessible.
- Under this law, prisoners will be entitled to access further education.
- Colleges of further education have expertise in teaching basic skills and literacy and numeracy.
- A Levels are the traditional route to higher and further education.
- The expansion of the college was certainly needed to meet the ever-growing demands for further education.
- Almost half, 49 percent, have third level qualifications - further education or above.
- Despite the evidence of educational difficulties, many had continued into further education.
- En Gran Bretaña, el término further education se utiliza normalmente para referirse a cualquier tipo de enseñanza dirigida a personas que tengan más de 16 años, edad mínima en que se puede dejar la escolaridad obligatoria, y que no estén en la universidad, en cuyo caso se habla de higher education. Sin embargo, en los Estados Unidos, el término further education también se utiliza para referirse a la educación universitaria.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.