In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Axles and bracing struts were hinged to the bottom longerons of the fuselage.
- An astrodome was located in the top of the fuselage forward of the aft partition of the crew quarters.
- Also, the lower rudder attachment bracket has been made and fitted to the aft fuselage.
- Dressmakers were now making aircraft fuselages, domestic servants were filling shells… and teachers were working in armament manufacture.
- Lackland even had special areas set aside to teach dogs to find scents in parked cars, luggage and aircraft fuselages, complete with seats.
- The remaining two forward fuselages are being worked to the same status as the first two.
- The fairings on all other aircraft extended much farther back along the fuselage.
- ‘We hope there are enough remaining parts from the three recovered fuselages to produce another aircraft,’ said Bill.
- Each component presented very different challenges but concurrent work started on fuselages, wings, and cockpit tubs.
- As part of the Red Army, we had large red crosses painted in washable water color on the fuselages and wings of our aircraft.
- Shorts makes nacelle systems, fuselages, flight controls and air defence systems for Bombardier.
- As my speed carried me over him his prop sliced through my undercarriage, slashing the fuselage.
- A master at marketing, Todorov designed the clubhouse around the fuselage of an old aircraft.
- I take my seat along the side of the fuselage and strap in - already the aircraft is moving back to the runway.
- Check for wrinkles in the fuselage skin where the main gear leg goes into the fuselage.
- The mission pod is mounted on the underside of the fuselage on stabilising pod roll arms.
- The aircraft were originally delivered with yellow flying surfaces and olive drab fuselages but the fuselage color was later changed to a medium blue.
- A single point for pressure refueling is installed on the starboard side of the fuselage.
- With the war going on, some consideration was given to replacing certain aluminum components with molded wood and this was done on some aircraft which had fuselage side panels and monocoque rear fuselages built of the material.
- It is thought the seat of the fire was in the landing gear under the aircraft's main fuselage.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.