In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1inutilidad femeninolo inútil
- In its place stands the conviction of the futility of life; of the awareness of existence in a dark room.
- Primarily, however, the drama is about yearning and the futility of attempting to suppress human emotion.
- In the face of war and mass slaughter, he has proved it retains the ability to shock us with the sheer frivolity of its efforts in futility.
- The narrator then steps in to comment on the pointlessness and futility of life on earth before the credits roll.
- On realizing the futility of his mission, he would return to staring at me.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.