In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1caja de distorsión femenino
- Famous examples of fuzzboxes include the infamous ‘Fuzz Face’, and the ‘Muff’ series of pedals.
- For this reason, power chords are often used when using fuzzboxes to reduce dissonance.
- Not that we're jaded about plugging in these transistorized goodies on a daily basis, but in the saturated world of fuzzboxes it's hard not to feel like you've seen and heard it all.
- The record, at times, is a circus of sounds, an ornate hodgepodge of moody keyboards and skronky guitars, wordless angel chorales, ambient electronics, airy woodwinds and overcharged fuzzboxes.
- Psychedelic music like this could never be inspired by the fuzzboxes of the longhaired set.
- I spent my time in the CMU lab designing and building fuzzboxes and playing with a seven-head tape machine.
- I can't get a read on how important they are to the sound, but they were evidently used in several fuzzboxes of note, including the Gretsch ControFuzz, so they may be worth hunting down.
- He started to experiment with sound, arming his guitar with fuzzbox, echoplex and phase-shift.
- I had trillions of different fuzzboxes designed, I even have some prototypes left that I've tried to backtrace, but they aren't really worth the trouble.
- The ex-art school collective has fed fashion, feminism and photo-ops through the lowest of lo-fi fuzzboxes, kindergarten two-step beats, and tape recorder-quality disco - all in the guise of an arch riposte to modern pop culture.
- Distorted fuzzboxes and cheap booze: it's one of life's classic combinations.
- The 34-year-old mother of two has still to leap back into the arms of her beloved fuzzbox, but it's hard to see Sunny Border Blue as anything other than foreplay.
- Bent over his guitar, he toys with the song's melody for a few measures before stomping on his fuzzbox.
- Montreal's favourite Franco-mod outfit returns, brimming with fuzzboxes, Rickenbackers and '60s-style swagger.
- Musically, the songs are built around rudimentary drums and guitar (yes, they do use their fuzzbox), occasional bass and unbridled enthusiasm.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.