In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1jugador masculinojugadora femeninoa compulsive gambler — un jugador empedernido
- The Tax Code also requires casinos to gather personal data on their gamblers for reports.
- Some states limit the number of casinos they will accept as well as the amounts of money gamblers can bet.
- If you ever even thought of a life as a professional gambler, this book might change your mind.
- He was known to be a regular gambler at casinos and betting shops, went to the gym daily and won karate trophies.
- Then there are the casino gamblers, who treat poker as an elaborate version of roulette.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.