In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1venta de objetos usados en casa de su propietarioventa de garage femenino Méxicoferia americana femenino Río de la Plataventuta femenino Colombia
- Last weekend, the committee held a garage sale in a vacant lot next to the Dutch Cup Restaurant to raise funds for next year's celebrations.
- For the following week, the pre-teen devoted himself to dreaming and planning what he could buy for the $55 he had earned from the garage sale.
- The next time you see this title at a garage sale, flea market, or pawn shop, it's well worth the cash you'd have to put out for it.
- We were supposed to have a garage sale tomorrow, but I've managed to offload so much of our stuff to friends and people at work that there's not enough left to have one.
- People are also being encouraged to have a garage sale of any unwanted gifts and belongings on the same day and donate the proceeds.
- The last time I'd been at my Grandma's house, she had a garage sale.
- My dad stayed home all day selling items that we wouldn't be needing in California on eBay and at a little garage sale in the front yard.
- This is not the same as going to a garage sale or some of your local swap meets.
- It spurred talk of a neighborhood watch, a farmer's market and a communitywide garage sale.
- Moving house is often the time for a garage sale, a clean out.
- At the age of six, Mark wheedled a $15 drum set out of his parents from a garage sale.
- I'm even somewhat excited about my garage sale as a lot of our family and friends will be stopping by.
- We find Lauren perched on a chair, her eyes glued to the tiny TV Mom picked up at a garage sale.
- He knows one collector who bought a black and white Sputnik television at a garage sale for $20.
- My sister had a garage sale this weekend and I took it as an opportunity to rid my closets of clutter.
- Victoria day weekend might not be the best time to have a garage sale, especially if everyone is houseboating in the Shuswap.
- The rest of the ‘treasures’ that could be of use are now sitting at my church, donated for my church garage sale next month.
- I'm not having a garage sale so that I can just give away all this stuff.
- I participated in a garage sale with some friends over the weekend.
- Don't even bother selling it in a garage sale, because you are then wishing it upon someone else who will actually wear it.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.