In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1cámara de gas femenino
- They're putting them in gas chambers and suffocating them.
- Using a drawing, he reportedly describes a gas chamber and the victims he says he saw at the prison in the northeast of North Korea, near the Russian border.
- I wondered if he thought he was going to die, or be herded onto the boxcars to die later in the gas chambers, or if he knew he would persevere.
- After a few months of work, they received the same fate in the gas chamber or were killed by firing squads.
- This is best done by storing in an inert gas chamber or in a vacuum chamber.
- She'll be taken to the gas chambers and killed there.
- They gave us an insight into the kinds of minds that created the gas chambers.
- The camps were the transit camps used before people were taken to the concentration camps with gas chambers.
- So far, no one has clarified how these false gas chambers worked, and what proof there is of their existence.
- His father had been killed in the gas chambers and he had no one else.
- The presence and use of gas chambers are matters best left to real evidence.
- During that time, thousands more had perished in the gas chambers.
- He is introduced into the camp scene after having miraculously survived the horror of a gas chamber killing in which all others perished.
- For a year they housed a refugee whose whole family died in gas chambers.
- This is where they killed countless thousands in gas chambers.
- Beyond those incapable of work and selected for the gas chambers, it had a huge prison population mainly engaged in slave labour.
- Secular humanism leads to the gas chambers simply because it does not recognise our capacity for self deception and evil.
- There was a gas chamber and furnace room in one barracks.
- He has said in the past that the gas chambers were just a detail of history.
- But, without his intervention, so many more would have died with their parents in the gas chambers.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.