In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1banda gástrica femenino
- She has revealed that she once asked a doctor to give her a gastric band to help her lose weight.
- The adjustable gastric band is a useful technique to reduce the intake of food by an individual.
- He has been nicknamed the "fat doctor" because of the thousands of gastric bypasses and gastric band operations he has performed.
- The ability to place a gastric band laparoscopically decreases the invasiveness of the procedure, resulting in fewer postoperative complications, shorter hospitalization, and quicker recovery time for patients.
- And then there are others who, after undergoing gastric band surgery, have simply transferred their addiction to food to other substances, such as alcohol.
- "People reach a certain size and there is no other option but to have surgery and unlike, plastic surgery, a gastric band can give significant health benefits," he said.
- The gastric band, which is adjustable and reversible if medically indicated, is placed laparoscopically and does not alter the normal anatomy.
- Gastric band surgery should be available on the NHS - but only as a last resort
- He was on a waiting list for a gastric band last year, but a heart condition made the operation unsuitable.
- Well, it turns out that her weight loss was due to secret gastric band surgery.
- A woman lost almost 4 st in weight after she was hypnotised into believing she had had a gastric band fitted.
- Fern Britton, presenter of This Morning on ITV, dropped from a size 22 to a size 16 after having gastric band surgery
- Individuals with chronic weight problems will be offered operations like gastric band surgery in a bid to halt the obesity epidemic in the town.
- In extreme cases people could be offered slimming drugs or operations to help them lose weight such as gastric-band surgery, the BFS said.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.