In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Subspecialists in radiology or gastroenterology will most often conduct these tests.
- A director of gastroenterology at a laboratory in a medical center in Alabama found that 14 out of 20 medical devices sent to a well-known reprocessor came back contaminated.
- In gastroenterology the conversation often deals with matters that may be considered in some circles to be vulgar.
- Thus a serial record was available for each child, including letters from other centres such as those specialising in autism or paediatric gastroenterology.
- An interesting choice of venue has been announced for the first European symposium devoted to ethics in gastroenterology and digestive endoscopy.
- The latter worked in general medicine and gastroenterology.
- All patients will need thorough ophthalmologic and dermatologic examinations, and consultations with otolaryngology, gastroenterology, and gynecology specialists may also be appropriate.
- The centre will initially manage outpatient calls from departments such as general surgery, urology, gastroenterology, cardiology, rheumatology, and dermatology.
- Who knows, you may find yourself activating a hitherto latent fascination with, say, clinical pathology or gastroenterology?
- In addition, patients can make appointments to see specialists in such fields as allergy, dermatology, gastroenterology, gynecology, immunology, liver disease, lung disease, and podiatry.
- For example, radiology was big on guidewires, but urology, gastroenterology, and cardiology weren't.
- Due to its common application in general surgery and gastroenterology, electrocautery equipment is available in almost every operating room.
- Endoscopy has altered the practice of gastroenterology by providing minimally invasive access to the gastrointestinal tract.
- Concentrating on psychophysiological medicine, the four divisions cover aspects of cardiology, gastroenterology, transplant surgery and the menstrual cycle respectively.
- It will carry out general surgery, orthopaedics, gastroenterology, gynaecology, plastics and urology procedures.
- The 12-member consensus panel included representation from internal medicine, gastroenterology, infectious diseases, pediatrics, family practice, oncology and the public.
- He contributed significantly to research in many areas of clinical gastroenterology and tropical parasitology.
- Clinics such as orthopaedics, urology, gynaecology and gastroenterology are dependent on the diagnostic and treatment centre.
- Bedside logic has not been entirely neglected in textbooks of medicine and gastroenterology.
- He then became lecturer in medicine, and developed the specialty of gastroenterology, introducing a fibreoptic endoscopy to Northern Ireland.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.