In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1gastrointestinalgastrointestinal tract — tracto gastrointestinal masculino
- Absorption of alcohol from the gastrointestinal tract is equally rapid among all age groups.
- When you hold in gas, it migrates backward through your gastrointestinal tract.
- A wide range of gastrointestinal disorders may cause chronic diarrhoea in childhood.
- Colonoscopy is the most accurate method of imaging the lower gastrointestinal tract.
- The esophagus is now considered the site most often involved in the gastrointestinal tract.
- Firstly, we controlled for antecedents of upper gastrointestinal disorders, including dyspepsia.
- Another quarter of cases are precipitated by haemorrhage in the gastrointestinal tract.
- A gastrointestinal nurse practitioner could do this screening.
- Long-term use may increase your risk of gastrointestinal or urinary tract bleeding.
- Results of upper gastrointestinal endoscopy and colonoscopy were normal.
- He was admitted to a local hospital and underwent an upper gastrointestinal endoscopy.
- No trial specifically defined or reported serious adverse events such as gastrointestinal bleeding or renal impairment.
- In Italy and France, for example, blood donors are turned away if they have had a recent gastrointestinal endoscopy.
- No other lesions were recognized in the gastrointestinal tract or elsewhere in the body.
- Secondly, mothers could have misreported respiratory infection and gastrointestinal disorders.
- The investigation of choice is endoscopy of the upper gastrointestinal tract.
- We now have no place to clean the endoscopes used by our large gastrointestinal endoscopy service.
- It's no better at pain relief and no easier on the gastrointestinal mucosa than other drugs in its class, they say.
- Other sites of infection were the urinary tract, chest and gastrointestinal tract.
- The only side effects were gastrointestinal, the major one being early vomiting.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.