In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Sponges are preyed upon by gastropods, polychaetes, asteroids, echinoids, turtles, and fishes.
- Included here are the gastropods, bivalves, cephalopods, and other lesser groups, as follows.
- The major groups of drilling marine predators include octopods and gastropods.
- The beach sands are dominated by shells of bivalve mollusks, mainly venerids, gastropods, and echinoderms.
- During this period the gastropods, like the cephalopods, underwent a tremendous evolutionary radiation.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.