In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1Motor Vehicles caja de cambios femeninoMotor Vehicles caja de velocidades femeninoMecánica caja de engranajes femenino
- They will say for certain that the new gearbox has exactly six forward gears, which is one more than on previous models.
- The manual gearbox has a tendency to be notchy and the auto gearbox doesn't change particularly smoothly.
- The final option for powering boats is the simple single or twin-engined installation of standard petrol or diesel engines with gearboxes and shafts.
- The UK however will get a five-speed manual gearbox for the lower horsepower model.
- Automobile majors are increasingly using India as a sourcing base for critical components such as engines, transmissions and gearboxes.
- These are available with either five or six-speed manual gearboxes with an optional six-speed tiptronic automatic transmission.
- This engine is offered with a choice of five-speed manual or four-speed automatic gearboxes.
- His proposals include fitting cars with smaller engines and banning power steering and automatic gearboxes.
- So does the double-clutch gearbox, which moves straight from one gear to the next with no pause and no snatch.
- Gears and gearboxes are significantly different on road-course cars.
- The slick gearbox and torquey engine make low speed driving a breeze too.
- The engine plant also produces the gearbox and highly complicated gearing components.
- Head gaskets, clutch cables, gearboxes and stuck handbrakes feature most commonly on the tired and dying list.
- I prefer manual gearboxes, and this five-speeder is well matched to the 2.0-litre four-cylinder engine's characteristics.
- The gearbox has a squidgy consistency that makes gear shifts feel like stirring congealed rice pudding.
- Just put the six speed manual gearbox in sixth gear, and it becomes almost a relaxing grand tourer.
- Effectively the gearbox engages the next highest gear but does not activate it until the optimum point has been reached.
- Effectively it's two manual gearboxes put together, one providing ‘odd’ gears and the other providing ‘even’ gears.
- We checked the massive engine room and filmed the now rusty gears on the open gearbox.
- Discrete buttons mounted behind the wheel give you fingertip control over the gearbox.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.