In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(socially inept person)ganso masculino coloquialgansa femenino coloquialpazguato masculinopazguata femenino
- Consume it yourself with roasted pork or bring this as a present to a wine geek friend and prepare to impress with your knowledge of off-the-beaten path wines.
- Much to the dismay of many a hardcore computer geek, our world is not a binary system.
- Technology can help geeks get social in many ways.
- Software geeks are turning into social engineers.
- The other was the mental image of me in my best interview suit as a piece of filler at the end of the evening news looking like a complete fanboy geek.
- It certainly helps that most of my computer geek friends from fifteen years ago are still part of my contact network.
- I was tempted to launch a sarcastic commentary about the difference between nerds and geeks, and their ineffectual nature as insults, but decided it probably wouldn't help.
- Wine tasters have their own vocabulary or jargon, just like other groups of enthusiasts: computer geeks, ballroom dancers, etc.
- How can we take free culture mainstream, and make the movement relevant to people who may not be computer geeks or copyright nerds?
- From dorks to geeks, and everything between, beer has something for everyone.
- Call yourself a graphic designer and you're identified as an artsy computer geek being hired to spice up a document with your wizardly technical skill.
- Still, as a longtime computer geek, I've seen how brittle, complex and friable computer systems can be.
- Of such things are legends made, amongst obsessive record geeks, at least.
- What geeks have, geeks in any field, be it a field like science fiction or a field like tropical fish, is that they are moved to do what they do because of a love and passion for the field above all else.
- Dorks are just geeks with bad skin, but nerds get the ladies.
- I've also been a computer geek hobbyist for about 20 years, but I couldn't program or solder my way out of a paper bag.
- Being a closet computer geek since I was seven, I jumped at the opportunity to take Computer Science as a subject in my early high school days.
- They were a group made up mostly of men who were all nerds and geeks and dorks in high school who went on to become brilliant and funny and irresistible in college.
- It was edgy and over-the-top, with enough random cinematic references to keep even the most knowledgeable film geek happy.
- Some will say that all there are are geeks and nerds in there.
- Except for the business about the computer (which made me a geek and complete social outcast) this is very typical in Australia.
- She was tagged as a social hermit and a geek during her stay in Lanesville and she had lived with that.
- Most of the editors will readily admit to being any of the following: dorks, nerds, or geeks.
- This is where a geek with no social skills becomes bizarrely popular with the public.
- Initially, he'd assumed that geeks and nerds were by default withdrawn, shy, mostly losers.
- At the time it was still widely referred to as the ‘information superhighway’ and those who knew how to navigate it were dismissed as nerds and geeks.
- We had the usual groups; jocks, preps, Goths, emos, nerds, geeks - by the way, I would consider myself in the geek group.
- Here's the techno geek stuff: As you know, the Campy binder bolt consists of an Allen bolt that threads into an Allen-headed sleeved nut.
- The result is a breathtaking, psychedelic form of artificial life whose fitness factor is the ability to tickle the aesthetics of computer geeks.
- There was a good reason for letting the geeks and other social out-casts do those things.
- His attempts to play a socially inept geek are awkward.
- They weren't even socially dysfunctional geeks.
- They were computer geeks, and after university found careers in information technology.
- It caters to geeks and nerds, is a passionate advocate for the free software movement, and is bottom-up, rather than top-down, because the stuff on the site comes from its users.
- This, ladies and gentlemen, is the difference between a geek and a nerd.
- Women do not consider careers in IT because they think they are careers for geeks, nerds, workaholics or all of the above.
- It doesn't affect their grades much since they've got nerds and geeks to do their homework for them and personal private tutors to help them with their occasional examinations.
- I responded in a manner befitting a grown adult and fellow professional in the computer geek press.
- As the favoured outer garment of trainspotters and computer geeks it was always going to be a laughing stock.
- Security experts explain how the web has now entered a sinister new era in which e-gangsters have linked up with computer geeks to follow our money online.
2(obsessive enthusiast)obseso masculinoobsesa femeninocomputer geek — obseso de la informática masculino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.