- However, he was finding it much more difficult than he had anticipated - the architects had designed the building to be bomb-proof, and he had already used about 22 lb of gelignite in an attempt to bring it down.
- I've been harbouring an idea for some time which, as far as pubescent boys would be concerned, is entertainment gelignite.
- In 1983, nine sticks of gelignite, 25 kilograms of ammonium nitrate, three detonators and an igniter were found in an electrical sub-station inside the boundary fence.
- But even there I cannot picture an example where a purchasing officer in a mining camp in Western Australia would be asked why he would be buying gelignite, for example.
- The suitcase contained chlorate of potash and paraffin wax, which was mixed with gelignite to form an explosive compound.