In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- This strongly implies that they would have been unmarried, which is an important consideration for genealogical research.
- I was doing some genealogical research this afternoon, and I was reading about two of my ancestors that died in the Civil War.
- However in this country there are genealogical sources which up to now have been little used and which take families back deep into the centuries.
- On it were listed the names of our foremost ancestors, and to the side was a longer genealogical list tracing the full family line.
- Others write to enquire about old friends, or to do genealogical research.
- A new series of documentaries is being planned which will undertake the most ambitious genealogical study in history.
- He starts with Kennedy's maternal and paternal grandparents and traces the genealogical line to Kennedy himself.
- Several genealogical sites provide research tools to help you trace your family tree.
- DNA testing is used to prove the link that had been established by genealogical research.
- Tours of local studies and genealogical searches will be provided by library staff.
- Although it has some collections of names, its strength lies in the thousands of mailing lists and message boards for surnames, places and genealogical topics.
- In the case of the West, genealogical identities were theoretically understood as genetic or biological.
- There will be literary and musical archives with facilities for genealogical research.
- To study the genealogical relationship among the ecotypes, we apply the theory of coalescence processes in the following way.
- The molecular and genealogical studies were approved by the hospitals' review boards, and all family members studied gave informed consent.
- I'm hopeful that the genealogical research underway will not trace his roots to Romania.
- The long-term aim of the project is to provide a centre that will be suitably resourced for the undertaking of genealogical research.
- The book is an ideal educational reference book for project work, essays and genealogical research.
- It should also be held by every reputable genealogical research collection in the country.
- Good luck in your genealogical research, and please let us know what else you find out!
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.