In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- To study the genealogical relationship among the ecotypes, we apply the theory of coalescence processes in the following way.
- I'm hopeful that the genealogical research underway will not trace his roots to Romania.
- However in this country there are genealogical sources which up to now have been little used and which take families back deep into the centuries.
- A new series of documentaries is being planned which will undertake the most ambitious genealogical study in history.
- DNA testing is used to prove the link that had been established by genealogical research.
- The book is an ideal educational reference book for project work, essays and genealogical research.
- The molecular and genealogical studies were approved by the hospitals' review boards, and all family members studied gave informed consent.
- He starts with Kennedy's maternal and paternal grandparents and traces the genealogical line to Kennedy himself.
- Tours of local studies and genealogical searches will be provided by library staff.
- I was doing some genealogical research this afternoon, and I was reading about two of my ancestors that died in the Civil War.
- Although it has some collections of names, its strength lies in the thousands of mailing lists and message boards for surnames, places and genealogical topics.
- This strongly implies that they would have been unmarried, which is an important consideration for genealogical research.
- There will be literary and musical archives with facilities for genealogical research.
- On it were listed the names of our foremost ancestors, and to the side was a longer genealogical list tracing the full family line.
- It should also be held by every reputable genealogical research collection in the country.
- In the case of the West, genealogical identities were theoretically understood as genetic or biological.
- The long-term aim of the project is to provide a centre that will be suitably resourced for the undertaking of genealogical research.
- Others write to enquire about old friends, or to do genealogical research.
- Several genealogical sites provide research tools to help you trace your family tree.
- Good luck in your genealogical research, and please let us know what else you find out!
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.