In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1elecciones generales femenino
- In the past the Liberals had made breakthroughs at by-elections and in gaining a large number of votes in general elections.
- In each of the last two cycles, stability prevailed, with only six House incumbents losing general elections.
- Moreover, new members are now eligible to be nominated to run in general elections or party polls instead of having to wait for between two to five years.
- It was a first for pictures to be placed on the ballot papers in a general election.
- Up to 7 million people have applied for a postal vote for the coming general election.
- Presidential general elections and primary elections need not be an instantaneous public interest poll.
- It has superintended two general elections, two municipal elections and numerous by-elections.
- This restored the initiative to the Liberals and enabled them to retain their working-class vote in two general elections in 1910.
- A record number of people are expected to cast postal votes in the May general election.
- These people also have the right to vote in Irish general elections.
- The ruling comes as record numbers of electors are applying for postal votes ahead of the general election.
- It was agreed that the next presidential election would be a general election.
- In the UK this is achieved, for example, by the right to vote in general elections to parliament, which must take place at least once in every five years.
- Weeks of political campaigning comes to an end today as voters across the country go to the polls in the general election.
- Following the April general elections, three election petitions were filed in the Supreme Court here.
- Anyone who votes for this act should not deserve our votes in the general election.
- Now we are likely to be saddled with not only a presidential election, but a general election as well.
- Some residents lost their identity documents which they will need to cast their votes in the upcoming general elections.
- The people who did not vote at the general election last year are not apathetic.
- This is his home town, and it will become part of his constituency at the next general election.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.