In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1generación X femenino
- But why on earth are younger writers of the so-called Generation X attempting to, as Pound would have it, resuscitate the dead art of poetry?
- Before Generation X was even named, it was being marketed to.
- Being a fully paid member of Generation X, I rarely bother with politics.
- These trends could see future Generation X and Y workers spending more time in positions where superannuation contributions are not compulsory.
- Didn't we have slacker films and Generation X novels in the early 90s?
- Not even a war or a government in turmoil can get the new Generation X engaged in current affairs.
- Largely ignored as a group in favor of the country's ongoing fascination with Baby Boomers, Generation X grew up quickly in a society that did not particularly value children.
- Members of Generation X, born between 1963 and 1977, are not slackers.
- Apparently Generation X has not been aging, but has been aged 20-29 for more than a decade now.
- Many Generation X children grew up in an environment of joint custody.
- His purpose is obvious - to portray cross country skiing as a sport that is anything but boring in hopes of stimulating greater interest in the sport in the Generation X set.
- Boomers had John and Yoko; punks had Sid and Nancy; Generation X had Kurt and Courtney - who have I got for a bit of generational glamour?
- Third wavers are from Generation X, women who grew up with feminism and never experienced a world without it.
- For Generation X, job security lies not with their employers, but in themselves and in having more career choices available to them.
- Churchill used stories in wartime to cut through the nation's fear, though he never had to sell his sunlit uplands to a Generation X, oozing post-modern cynicism.
- That generation - once known as Generation X and now in its early thirties - is perhaps uniquely acquainted with no-strings hedonism.
- Contemporary art photography has gained a foothold with the Generation X / 30-something market.
- With Generation X families beginning to grow, purveyors of natural and organic products should certainly target young parents, he says.
- Location, functionality, variety and experience must all combine to create the environment Generation X wants.
- What if the current Generation X simply stays with obscure cable formats and internet sites for their news?
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.