In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- Throughout this article we assume no heteroplasmy of organelle genomes in gametes.
- The gymnosperms are characterized by large genomes and relatively low chromosome numbers; polyploidy is rare.
- No suppressor mutations were isolated from a screen of 104,000 haploid genomes.
- However, large chromosome blocks showed good colinearity between the two genomes.
- The two haploid genomes of the two gametes are then combined to constitute a new individual.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.