In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- All of this unfolds within the context of a worldwide struggle by the great powers for economic influence and geopolitical power.
- The geopolitical uncertainties impacting the international oil economy do not show any signs of waning.
- Involved in the rail deal are important geopolitical relations.
- It emerged from the Cold War the only superpower, and no geopolitical or ideological contenders are in sight.
- The space shuttle also continued to serve a geopolitical function within the context of the Cold War.
- The other factors were geopolitical issues such as the threat of terrorism and global economic uncertainties.
- What does this show us about the character of the current administration, its geopolitical thinking, and its long-term aims?
- Thatcher set out to redraw the domestic political map as the geopolitical map of Europe was being transformed.
- The basic factors that shaped our geopolitical environment during the Cold War era have changed.
- Corporations will raise the importance of geopolitical factors when they invest around the world.
- A variety of economic and geopolitical factors are causing a noticeable convergence of French and German positions.
- Back in October 1978 they weren't predicting the eventual geopolitical influence of John Paul II.
- Kissinger had in mind the geopolitical balance of power and the new centrality of international economics that complicated diplomacy.
- To place Wiesenthal's work in context, it is necessary to examine these geopolitical shifts in policy in the postwar period.
- If it is an international group, does it regularly criticize abuses by governments of all political persuasions and geopolitical alignments?
- In three of the six largest oil-producing countries oil supplies are at risk due to geopolitical factors.
- Indeed, it may be the charts that are beginning to factor in a negative geopolitical scenario.
- The Franco-German relationship was challenged by geopolitical change in Europe following the collapse of communism.
- It has maintained diplomatic and geopolitical influence in those countries via arms sales and economic aid.
- Each country within Europe is now compelled to reexamine its place in the new world order and make a fresh evaluation of its geopolitical options.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.