In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- A new industry association has arisen to address security-related aspects of geospatial technologies and information.
- A major objective of NASA's Earth Science Applications Program is the development of applications that provide geospatial information to support communities.
- Developers hope that an emerging network dubbed the geospatial web will tie these devices together to create a unique new user experience.
- They will work at sea in support of task groups and in deployed headquarters ashore, providing tailored geospatial information to commanders and planning teams.
- Remote-sensing and other geospatial data provide an accurate and visually compelling backdrop in which to embed related data and models.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.