In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1jerbo masculinogerbo masculino
- In this study we measured the strategy-specific foraging traits of gerbils under both laboratory conditions and in the field.
- At school, our classroom had a small rodent zoo consisting of two rabbits, three hamsters, a litter of baby gerbils and a guinea pig.
- Although allergies to cats are the most common, people can also be allergic to dogs and small animals such as gerbils and guinea pigs.
- While most of us are all too willing to cuddle guinea pigs, rabbits, gerbils, pet mice and even ferrets, brown rats produce a reaction of almost universal revulsion.
- According to Dr. Ritzman, gerbils are capable of living in either same-gender or mixed-gender groups but may fight if crowded or mixed as adults.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.