In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- These fields of practice, along with the study of gerontology, have formulated many workable answers to the hard questions.
- Geriatrics and gerontology continue to be a fertile ground for research, and this manual provides readers with recent research in this field.
- Thane's treatment of twentieth-century aging reaches beyond historical studies to social gerontology.
- His education extended to a theological seminary, as well as graduate work in literature and gerontology.
- I think the research going on in gerontology is going to be a great stimulus to the development of geriatric medicine.
- Many colleges and universities do not require or encourage course work in gerontology.
- Recommendations for practice include providing exposure of nursing students to rural communities and including gerontology in the nursing curriculum.
- She is assistant director of academic programs for the UCLA multicampus program in geriatric medicine and gerontology.
- This publication will certainly serve as a reference manual for all those involved in nutrition, gerontology and geriatrics.
- I'd start doing some research on gerontology and other scientific/medical fields that deal with either aging or old people.
- The training grounds in medical schools focus very little on geriatrics and gerontology, and newly graduating doctors come out with what some researchers call ‘healthism’.
- Falls are therefore a key syndrome in medical gerontology.
- The chair and professor of the department of gerontology conducts research on the psychological aspects of aging, chronic illness and family caregiving.
- He studied medicine at the University of Rochester before taking an internship at Harvard University to specialize in gerontology and the kidney.
- Five journals - three in social gerontology, one in rural sociology, and one in regional science - account for 40 percent of the articles recently published in this area.
- In the language of gerontology, there are no good biomarkers for aging.
- This spells out the practical applications of the scientific knowledge currently available in the areas of gerontology and geriatrics.
- The professor of gerontology at the University of Newcastle is giving this year's series of five Lectures under the provocative title The End Of Age.
- Most were in the behavioral science category, but about 25 projects were also judged in the categories of health medicine, gerontology, computer science and environmental science.
- She received a master of science degree in foods and nutrition in combination with a graduate certificate in gerontology from the University of Utah.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.