In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1menudillosmenudosmenudencias Chile México
- Put the remaining giblets into a saucepan with a thyme sprig, bay, sage, star anise, half the onion and 1 clove garlic.
- Your game dealer will do all the necessary plucking and drawing, but it's worthwhile asking for the giblets for stock.
- Add giblets and stir until they have lost their pinkness, about two minutes.
- Remove the giblets from the duck, rinse the bird inside and out and pat it dry.
- Wipe the goose dry, remove the giblets and pop the lemon and herbs inside.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.