In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vino de jengibre masculino
- Matron allowed me to come too, for a while, to watch, pirouette around and drink a thimbleful of ginger wine.
- Music, dance and lashings of ginger wine will be put to good use in Kendal next week as local charity workers flag up World Aids Day.
- And then ginger wine, which has been the best tasting yet, though the alcohol content seems a little low.
- The cold prompted many players to take a nip of whiskey or green ginger wine at three-quarter time.
- We had one nip each of ginger wine with the meal.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.