In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- There are 4-5 million exocrine glands in the body and approximately one-third of them are in the palms.
- Within the neck, there are neck muscles, arteries, veins, lymph glands, thyroid gland, parathyroid gland, oesophagus, larynx and trachea.
- The mammary glands are specialized cutaneous glands that develop rapidly but incompletely at puberty.
- It was first isolated from the endocrine gland in the body which has primary responsibility for holding calcium levels in your blood within a very tight range.
- These include the genital glands (ovary and testis), broad ligament of the uterus, and spermatic cord.
- Cells were not counted if they were in blood vessels, mucous glands, or mucous gland ducts.
- You have three pairs of salivary glands that secrete saliva.
- Other common head and neck cancers occur in soft tissues of the neck, which are primarily glandular such as thyroid gland and salivary gland.
- Hypoplasia of other organs, such as the adrenal glands, kidney, pituitary gland, and thymus, may also be attributed to tetraploidy.
- The parotid salivary glands, which produce saliva for the mouth, are found toward the back of each cheek, in the area between the ear and jaw.
- We know that the way our cells divide and our glands secrete will become faulty and irregular.
- In the unstimulated state, 70 percent of saliva is secreted by the submandibular and sublingual glands.
- One, a 20 year old female, had deposits in the brain, liver, lung, bone marrow, adrenal glands, and ovaries.
- The glands secrete parathyroid hormone, which is the primary regulator of calcium homeostasis.
- Other sites include minor salivary glands and submandibular gland.
- In spite of the similarity in name and location, the parathyroid glands and thyroid gland are separate glands with very different functions.
- It releases stimulating hormones that signal the thyroid gland, adrenal glands, ovaries and testes, directing them to produce their respective hormones.
- However, involvement of the heart, pancreas, spleen, adrenal glands, and other organs is well described.
- The other type of sweat-producing gland, the apocrine glands, develop at puberty and are concentrated in the armpits and pubic region.
- A CT scan, however, reveals these bones and organs as well as your pancreas, adrenal glands, ureters and blood vessels - all with a higher degree of precision.
2(lymph node)ganglio masculinomy glands are swollen — tengo los ganglios inflamados
- Other symptoms might include swollen glands, fever, recurring sore throat, memory impairment and/or sleep problems.
- ‘My father had experienced flu-like symptoms and swollen glands for a while before diagnosis,’ Rob recalled.
- I'd taken my top off and when he was giving me a full physical he said I had swollen glands.
- This virus causes swollen glands in the face and neck, and can also cause deafness, and swelling of testicles in boys, and ovaries in girls.
- Other symptoms could include swollen glands, red eyes, sore throat, diarrhea, and a rash that looks like blisters or bruises.
- Often the sore throat feels sharp or splinterlike, and the glands are swollen.
- He had swollen glands and a stomach bug on raceday.
- She had swollen glands, trouble thinking clearly, and dragged through her day.
- There is no treatment other than remedies to ease the symptoms, which include headache and fever followed by swollen glands.
- This is to increase blood flow causing the gland to swell.
- In meth users - partly because of the dehydration common because they do not drink enough fluids - salivary glands quit and swell shut.
- Mumps is caused by a virus and symptoms include swollen glands, pain when chewing and fever.
- The cold sore would never heal and then it infected my gland and it became swollen.
- Forty five euros to have a doctor feel my throat, and tell me that my glands are swollen, then another twenty five euros to pay for the medication.
- It is, off course, especially indicated for goitre and swollen glands of the neck.
- Her gland started swelling and it closed the vein to the brain.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.