In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
- The house, which dates from the 1960s, sits on about an acre of well maintained gardens which include large lawns, an orchard and a glasshouse.
- Halfway down the east side of the gardens, the galleries join the glasshouse.
- In addition to the main house, there is an adjoining office/storage building, a wooden shed and a small glasshouse.
- There's something special about eating in a garden, especially when the garden, with its soaring glasshouse, is home to an inspirational restaurant run along organic, self-sufficient lines.
- The plantlets were maintained in the bioreactor for 45 days and then transplanted into a glasshouse; survival was monitored 15 days later.
- Blossom-end rot occurs in tomatoes grown in fields or glasshouses as a horticultural crop.
- There are also several fully serviced glasshouses, a detached play shed and a double detached garage.
- The use of elevated CO 2 is widespread throughout the glasshouse horticultural industry.
- Outside, there is a large detached double garage with a glasshouse alongside as well as lawn areas.
- Pedestrian side access leads to the walled back garden, which is mainly set in lawn with a glasshouse and a single garage.
- They cover a whole raft of subjects from garden design to caring for roses, climbers to bulbs, ornamental grasses to vegetables, and glasshouse gardening to herbaceous perennials.
- This year's bash will see storytellers leading tours to the Old and New Towns of Edinburgh, telling tales in castles, museums, gardens, glasshouses, libraries, farms and galleries.
- The next step was the glasshouses built by Joseph Paxton at Chatsworth in the 1830s and developed in the 1840s by Richard Turner for the botanical gardens at Kew, Dublin, and Belfast.
- The buildings, including the main house, a collection of glasshouses and outbuildings, add to the appeal, with garden walls built of red brick or Cotswold stone.
- That will add huge costs for those operators who are involved in building prefabricated buildings, barns, bridges, glasshouses, and hothouses.
- A driveway to the front of the house provides parking spaces for two cars, while the rear garden is laid in lawn with mature shrubs, a glasshouse, water garden and a dog run.
- The central glasshouse had two lean-to hothouses, one dry for cacti, the other humid for tropical plants.
- Seedlings were raised in a glasshouse during the summer of 1994 and their tubers harvested in mid-September.
- The gardens are bordered by timber fencing and include a glasshouse and numerous flowerbeds.
- They broke into sheds, broke windows, smashed glasshouses and cold frames.
2argotMilitarthe glasshouse — el calabozo
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.