In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1destellarbrillarher curls glinted copper in the sunlight — sus rizos tenían reflejos cobrizos en el sol
- his eyes glinted when I showed him the money — le brillaron / se le encendieron los ojos cuando le mostré el dinero
- Lifting up his glass of water, and noting the way the pure crystal glass glinted in the harsh light, he took a small sip from it.
- The snow he'd shaken off earlier had formed small dark puddles, which glinted in the firelight.
- His silver armor blinded her for a moment as it glinted brightly in the sunlight.
- He couldn't stop looking the man's shiny gold tooth that glinted ominously in the streetlight.
- Miles saw the blade glinting in the sunlight.
- His hair was free around his shoulders and glinted slightly blue.
- Moll tossed her heads irritably and her teeth glinted once again in the moonlight.
- Her hair, glinting in the starlight, cascaded over her sleeveless white top.
- The morning sun glinted brightly off of the pristine surfaces making the entire stretch of road a bit blinding.
- He saw something glinting in the streetlight, and went over to investigate.
- The coiled copper bracelet on her forearm glinted in the fire light.
- He would whisper his questions and his glasses would glint in the torch light.
- I watched her climb the steps, her hair swinging and glinting in the weak sunshine.
- The gold curled and twisted in the wondrous shape of a serpent, its shimmering scales glinting in the candlelight.
- When next he spoke, his voice was tight with hostility, and his teeth were glinting in the darkness.
- Dew that had gathered on the leaves and fruits glinted brightly in the sunlight.
- The cemetery lay on a gentle slope, the marble headstones glinting in the cold winter sunshine.
- The ground was covered in white, sparkly snow that glinted in the streetlights.
- The weapons she sold glinted brightly in greeting as the sunlight struck them.
- A tiny silver crescent moon hung from the chain, glinting in the torchlight streaming in from the open door.
1(gleam)masculino destellomasculino destellomasculino reflejofemenino chispamasculino brillo
- The demon's eyes took on a slight, dangerous glint.
- In a moment, the ship set sail on its return voyage, fading into the glints of sunlight reflecting of the salty bay with a mission to return next summer.
- His face sobered, but his eyes had not lost that glint of humor.
- His right eye began twitching and an evil glint appeared in his eye.
- He had a glint of amusement in his eyes.
- Her eye caught a glint of silver in the back of the wardrobe.
- Harvey smiled, showing off a glint of gold artistically embedded in an upper tooth.
- He looked back at me and I saw a mischievous glint in his blue eyes.
- I turned to her and saw a bright mischievous glint in her eye.
- Off in the distance the trees rustled and a glint of sunlight dashed off a metallic surface.
- I noticed a glint of silver on his finger and recognized the other ring.
- He looked behind him and noticed my evil glint because he took off again and ended up smack against Bryan.
- An evil glint appeared in Will's eyes as she grinned at me.
- A devilish glint sparkled suddenly in her eyes.
- Landon noticed the amused glint in Sarah's eyes, but chose to ignore it.
- Her hair flowed loose down her back and the sunlight caught the strong glints of auburn in it.
- I've learned to watch his eyes for that slight glint of mischief that is forever lurking under the surface.
- I see the way her silky black hair sits just touching her shoulders, how when she moves the light glints off her plain silver necklace and diamond pendant.
- She sighed for a while, and I saw a mischievous glint in her eyes.
- She turned to ask the person to move, but she caught the glint of metal catching light.
- Tiny glints of light appeared in the distance and began to move at great speed towards the enemy armada.
- Soft glints of moonlight reflected off broken glass pieces and onto their black coats, and I watched them for a minute, their muscles rippling under their skin.
- Grady saw movement in the woods behind them then the glint of metal.
- She saw glints of light bouncing of the sidewalk rocks and smiled.
- The lighting is blue, underfoot the floor is black and the scaffolding glints in the twilight.
- One way of finding out for sure whether or not the feature is a lake will be to look for glints of reflected sunlight on the surface.
- A devilish glint appeared in his slightly oriental eyes.
- Dramatic glints of light and billowing shadows set a menacing tone.
- A blinding glint of sunlight reflected off of each car as it moved slowly past.
- The summer sun caught her light brown hair and turned it into a place of shadows, tinted with glints of gold.
- He caught a glint of silver amongst the darkness.
- Light glints off the mirrors, transforming the surface into a window and simultaneously a screen inspired by the intricate geometric ornamentation found in Persian mosques and palaces.
- She sat up, a determined glint shining in her eyes.
- A sly glint came to his eye then, as if he was about to say something mischievous.
- The crucifix turns, sending glints of light in all directions.
- His eyes appeared to show concern but lurking underneath was a glint of amusement.
2glints plural(in hair)reflejos masculino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.