In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1índice glucémico masculinoíndice glicémico masculino
- A diet rich in carbohydrates with high glycaemic indices (pretzels, French fries, etc) can increase the risk for diabetes, which can lead to stroke disease and vascular dementia, but dietary changes can reverse such effects.
- The glycemic index measures the blood glucose profile of carbohydrate foods.
- They're now looking at whether carbohydrates with a high glycemic index also boost blood pressure and body fat.
- Several studies have also looked at providing a carbohydrate with a lower glycemic index in the hour before exercise, but again, no improvement in performance was seen.
- The website allows the user to look up a food's score on the glycemic index, a scale that measures how a food's carbohydrates affect blood sugar levels.
- All foods high on the glycemic index (the measure of how quickly carbohydrates raise blood sugar levels), are discouraged in his diet.
- The glycemic index is a standardized measure of blood glucose response to the ingestion of given substances that provides the equivalent carbohydrate content of different foods.
- He contends that the levels of insulin in the body, not the glycemic index of foods, are what should be measured in a low-carbohydrate diet.
- And that relationship is strengthened if you bring in the glycaemic load, and the glycaemic load is the glycaemic index times the carbohydrate per serve.
- You may find potential problems with a diet that emphasizes eating only foods with a low glycemic index.
- The glycemic load is simply the glycemic index of the food multiplied by the total gram of carbohydrate in the portion considered or consume.
- Potential benefits for low glycemic index diets that incorporate increased amounts of dietary fibre are currently being investigated.
- Because of this issue of insulin sensitivity and in hopes of maintaining stable blood glucose levels, the glycemic index has also been studied in regards to pre-training eating.
- Recovery meals should steer toward carbohydrates with a high glycemic index, meaning they raise blood glucose rapidly.
- The glycaemic index measures how much a particular food raises glucose compared with a reference food.
- The glycemic index measures the ability of any food to cause an insulin spike.
- By contrast, those carbohydrates with a low glycemic index take much longer to affect your blood sugar levels, and have much lower impact on insulin fluctuations.
- The glycemic index is a measure of the effect of dietary carbohydrate on blood glucose, on a scale from zero to 100; higher numbers correspond to a greater effect.
- The glycemic index ranks carbohydrate-rich foods by how much they raise blood glucose levels compared with a standard food.
- We have a new way of understanding carbohydrate foods called the glycemic index that the American Diabetes Association has refused to accept.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.