In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1(bar/dancer) (a) gogó
- Entertainment businesses that fall under the plan include beer bars, go-go bars, pubs, karaokes and discos.
- Three years ago I met a young man (not a go-go dancer!) with whom I've developed a close friendship.
- Grannies have gone skiing, parachute jumping and all sorts of daring things, so why not go-go dancing?
- I am sure that if you don't like loud music or go-go dancers then you don't go to those establishments, but if you did, do you expect them to stop everything that they do?
- Ahead we saw lights and soon entered an intersection which had a population of sidewalk patrons drifting past nightclubs and go-go bars.
- Also included in the zoning plan are karaoke businesses, beer bars and go-go bars, and other entertainment businesses according to directives from the Ministry of Interior.
- Of course, the prettier bar girls and physically enhanced go-go dancers will suffer little.
- Participants got hip to this and more at Tease-O-Rama 2002, the second annual national convention devoted to reviving burlesque, go-go dancing, and vaudeville.
- After the raid, officers ordered the lights turned on and found 40 young men between the ages of 16-18 dancing on stage at the go-go bar.
- Sex, inevitably, plays a significant part in the music, particularly as Jake discovered a knack for performance during his successful stint as a go-go dancer, to raise funds for a European college trip.
- The new complex features at least 15 beer bars and 15 go-go bars, and more than 100 employees formed part of the colorful opening ceremony which included mechanical bull riding and a parade.
- Watching Shocore perform, I had to wonder what it is like to be one of the band's go-go dancers.
- Incredibly, the entertainment included a group of go-go dancers who pole-danced in string bikinis in front of the crowd of men, women and young children.
- Christian (brother of Neve) Campbell stars as Gabrielle, an anxious aspiring musical-writer who spots his dream boy, Mark the go-go dancer, in a gay bar.
- Kelly Wenham plays go-go dancer Jodi who gets caught in the crossfire as Sam tries to put a stop to club owner Warren's unscrupulous behaviour.
- Eric's recommendation not to go to a go-go bar if you don't like loud music or go-go dancers misses the point.
- These days there are more classes than there are go-go dancers in all of Thailand, and the regulations for these take up several libraries.
- The Green Bottle Pub was started to provide tourists and ex-pats with an alternative to the beer bar and go-go scene.
- This is your multi-tasking option, as house, jungle and breaks will be served in equal parts for a party that also promises a slew of go-go dancing revellers for your eyes.
- Have you ever thought of go-go dancing professionally?
2(dynamic)(economy/plan) que promete rápidos beneficios
1música go-gó femenino
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.