In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1duende travieso masculinotrasgo masculino
- All of a sudden an army of goblins and dwarfs started marching towards them.
- The two elves approached the last goblin, still stuck to the ground, from both sides.
- The rock structures in Arches range from giant fists to little goblins.
- The mean dwellings of gnomes and goblins came into view, as well as armed camps dotted with small fires.
- It was the target of many attacks by orcs, ogres, trolls, goblins, and the list goes on.
- Elves and men and gnomes and goblins alike looked about in fear and confusion.
- In the back of the cavern goblins and demons poured in and out in a chaotic flow through many winding tunnels.
- And the dumb goblins, ghouls, and vampires try to take our home from us, so we also have to steal charms and such.
- Home to a wacky wizard, it's a gothic mansion packed to the rafters with mischievous goblins and no-good ghosts.
- I see an intrepid adventurer plodding blindly through a world of booby traps, goblins, jesters and dragons.
- I wanted to show people that Halloween can be a lot more than simply ghosts and goblins.
- Such are the dangers at a time when ghosts and goblins are not the only things scaring American voters.
- Nor are they any on goblins, elves, hobbits and powerful rings that make one disappear.
- Thus all of the cultures of the world have stories of unknown beings such as ghosts, goblins, and alien life.
- On Friday, Halloween was again on everyone's minds and even the odd goblin or ghoul turned up to spend the day with them!
- He had the image of himself, like a goblin or ghost, haunting her gravesite for weeks, vainly trying to protect her.
- The other angle I read into this is that of the child-abduction by goblins and fairies in the tales of yore and of today.
- Better to just give someone a goblin in jar and let them get on with it.
- There is a group of elves or goblins or aliens or something who show up as I'm drifting off.
- You see, even though the last goblin died, evil still found hold in weak creatures.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.