In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1ahijado masculinoahijada femenino
- Sponsors or godparents who take seriously their charge to do everything possible to help a godchild grow up in the faith with consistent remembrances and encouragements often make a significant impact.
- Godparents, in particular, should really consider giving their godchild a keepsake gift since part of their responsibility is to help the child grow in their spirituality.
- Those godparents have special rights and responsibilities toward their godchildren and are expected to assist in meeting a child's needs if necessary.
- Like your ordinary fairy, she used to turn ‘numberless wicked people into beasts, birds, milestones, clocks, pumps, bootjacks, umbrellas, or other absurd shapes’ and give lovely gifts to her godchildren.
- Godparents became the ones to pronounce the baptismal vows for the infants they were to receive from the font, assuming responsibility for the welfare and religious education of their godchildren.
- We list the proportions of wills which contain inheritance rights and legacies received by spouses, children, relatives, friends, servants, godchildren and charitable recipients.
- I do think that the executors of Diana's will seriously violated her wishes by not dividing her personal property among her godchildren as she requested.
- The terms of the order prevent him downloading or viewing images of children under the age of 16 unless they are blood relatives, relatives by marriage or godchildren.
- The commitment that the godparents make includes providing advice and spiritual guidance to the godchild.
- The godfather would help the godchild find employment when necessary, and the godchild would provide a vote for the godfather when necessary.
- One of our godchildren, a twelve-year-old girl, died after eight days in the intensive care unit.
- They were also essential participants in all events of social or religious importance to the godchild and maintained strong bonds with their compadres or comadres - lasting friendships based upon mutual admiration and support.
- I'm happy to be part of it, and my godchildren have always enjoyed coming up to London and seeing what the other kids are wearing.
- The relationship between godparent and godchild can be deep, meaningful and lifelong.
- Honestly, is there anything my godchild does not want to eat?
- This need not be a problem if they don't get lavish gifts for the godchild and if your other children have godparents who spend special time with them.
- The family unit includes godchildren, godparents, and many other members of the extended family.
- When I accepted the responsibility of being a godfather, I understood that for each of my four godchildren I was on hand to offer spiritual guidance should they require it, or indeed request it.
- Even a household headed by a married couple may include children from previous or ‘outside’ relationships, godchildren, or children of other family members.
- It's not that I don't like the young, my godchildren mostly dote on me, but I never wanted any children of my own and sadly I look at the next generation of my own family and feel that I was right.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.