In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1prima de contratación femenino
- He added that Edinburgh had also looked at the possibility of golden hellos, but had instead decided to pay bursaries to final-year social work students who would then work two years for the council.
- Schools Minister David Miliband said: ‘In the four years since training bursaries and golden hellos were introduced, the sector's efforts have raised recruitment to teacher training courses by over 30 per cent.’
- While golden hellos have had some effect, we do recognise that we need to do more to encourage dentists to work in rural areas.
- An MoD spokeswoman confirmed it was launching golden hellos for consultants but said the details - including the full amount available - have not yet been finalised.
- The idea that golden hellos were going to compensate for that stability was questionable.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.