In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1contrato blindado masculino
- If you're about to launch an IT initiative big enough to warrant its own name, you should probably make sure you have a really good golden parachute.
- Rather, he has baled out with a golden parachute.
- Out goes the most powerful woman in corporate America, with a $45m golden parachute to help her to a nice soft landing.
- Basic pay, bonuses, share holdings, option grants, pension contributions, benefits in kind, golden parachutes - they're all in the annual report.
- Half the executives took their golden parachutes and the other half never came in to work.
- The days of outlandish golden parachutes may be of yesteryear.
- After all, what need would there be for golden parachutes if they believed that they and their corporations had a secure future?
- There are no golden parachutes for ordinary workers who lose their jobs as a result of corporate mergers, downsizing and the plundering of company assets by millionaire executives.
- Every record executive I know has health insurance, a nice house in the hills and a golden parachute.
- But these fired CEOs are walking away with golden parachutes paying them more money for being fired than most Americans earn in a lifetime.
- Companies are continuing to award executives with huge severance payoffs, or so-called golden parachutes.
- The pair were referencing the exorbitant golden parachutes given just since last year to previous officials of the struggling airline.
- While top executives get a gleaming golden parachute, the other 30,000 employees are on their own - goodbye and good luck.
- The $100m golden parachute was on top of the $322m he made in the past three years from salary, bonuses and long-term compensation, such as exercised stock options.
- Money could reach into the billions, given the oversized options, bonuses, and golden parachutes granted in recent years.
- His decision to help out jobless workers stands in stark contrast to the many chiefs who grab the golden parachute and merely wave good-bye.
- Rumours are spread about CEOs who get golden parachutes and entrepreneurs who leave with pockets stuffed full of cash.
- He liked the sweet golden parachute that came with his retirement.
- There were no such golden parachutes for the over half a million laid-off telecom workers.
- Still, he left with a 7-figure golden parachute, and only the unitholders were unhappy.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.