In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1regla de oro femenino
- The North West Coastguard advises anyone venturing in to the Bay to follow the golden rules to ensure they do not become another victim of its treacherous sands.
- Those are two basic golden rules, and they appear to me to be a matter of logic.
- There are some golden rules to follow when choosing a hat.
- But if you have to borrow money, make sure you follow the golden rules.
- After a painfully drawn-out divorce from her childhood sweetheart more than 10 years ago, the Glaswegian set herself two golden rules: never marry again and always be self-sufficient.
- As always, the golden rule was not to look at the Sun directly, either with the naked eye or through any optical instruments like a telescope, binoculars, dark sunglasses or smoked glass.
- Curtseying had always been a good fallback but today's experiences had proved this wasn't always a golden rule.
- There is a golden rule in public policy: the name of a body is, almost always, the exact opposite of its real effect on the world.
- But in fact, it's not hard to find fish, and the golden rule is generally to hug the shoreline.
- Each followed the golden rule of Web design: Keep it simple.
- The golden rule for puddings is always to serve a wine that is sweeter than the dish.
- For that reason, he said negotiators should always remember the golden rules when striking deals - regardless of what was going on in politics.
- Over the course of an investing lifetime the effect of compound returns can be phenomenal but there are two golden rules to follow.
- Just make sure you follow the golden rule: Don't start a joke unless you do, in fact, know the ending.
- In changeable conditions he applied the golden rule - always be on the right tyres however many pit stops it takes.
- So to sum up winter carp fishing, follow the three golden rules, make sure you are comfortable and warm, think where the carp may be, keep the baiting accurate and sensible and the results will come.
- It's a golden rule we've always held in high regard: to sound good you have to look good.
- Debt is a fact of life for many people these days, but if you follow some golden rules you can avoid getting into trouble.
- But do you know the golden rule you should always keep in mind when building your site and making it ready to welcome all those potential buyers?
- But even by following your dentist's golden rule, you may still be hurting your overall health.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.