1the golden section — la sección áurea
- Alicia Stott made two further important discoveries relating to constructions for polyhedra related to the golden section.
- This golden section has some relation to basic geometry that seems to resonate with a human's sense of beauty.
- Both shank and line are in turn struck through by a diagonal, recalling the harmonious proportions of a golden section.
- Among his most prized possessions were his books of Plato, including the Timaeus in which the mathematical ratios of the golden section are described.
- So the phi by phi squares are themselves divided at their own golden section ratios by the side of the other overlapping square.