In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1vara de oro silvestre femeninosolidago masculino
- Later in the season there are many others such as coneflowers, cosmos, goldenrods, or lavender that they will enjoy.
- Asters, goldenrods, and sunflowers dominate the landscape from late summer to the end of the growing season.
- Goldfinches also feed on the seed of goldenrod, coreopsis, cosmos, zinnias, dandelions and other weedy plants.
- By late September, the flowering goldenrods and Asters were the prominent members of the flora.
- The goldenrod have started to flower, a sure sign that summer is half over.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.