In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1santito masculino coloquial despectivosantita femenino coloquial despectivo
- He despised such people, goody-goodies annoyed the hell out of him, especially when it was his own two-faced cousin.
- Even more special was the loyalty the class exhibited when he asked where it was - not one person, not even the goody-goody, said a word.
- Ever since your suspension, you've been all goody-goody since then.
- Keeping cool doesn't make you a wimp or goody-goody - it shows maturity.
- His nicknames for me were annoying and I could tell that he thought of me as a preppy goody-goody.
- Kaitlin had been one of the goody-goodies in school.
- I decide to lie to save my hide - who wouldn't except for, well, those goody-goodies with such conscientious hearts?
- She's kind of a goody-goody and quiet, but is just so awesome.
- Conner was known about the school as the goody-goody to all teachers and a suck up to Jocks.
- David and I never got along very well - I found him to be a jerk most of the time and he found me to be a goody-goody - but he was a good hockey player so we both tried to tolerate each other.
- If the teacher ever leaves the room and puts a few goody-goodies in charge, look out.
- Then Dave muttered something about her being a goody-goody, they all laughed, and walked away.
- He's chirpy, enthusiastic and obsessively neat - a bit of a goody-goody, in fact.
- During the whole horribly stressful process you have to be a goody-goody.
- Maybe if you stopped going out with such a boring, goody-goody, you'd be much better off.
- They weren't all insufferable goody-goodies as children, or always models of perfect sanctity as adults.
- I wasn't a goody-goody; I mean, I drank at parties and all, but I generally found getting drunk seemed to be both dangerous and pointless.
- He was like a god to goody-goodies like Nicole and her friends.
- He was always trying to encourage me to bunk off and go hang out in the caff at the park, but I being the goody-goody that I was always refused convinced I'd get caught.
- Among some sections of the party, Martin is regarded as too much of a goody-goody, too much the altar boy.
1(behavior) de santito coloquial despectivo(behavior) modélico
- I continued to hold the smile, feeling like on of those goody-goody teacher's pets.
- The goody-goody story he told - actually, he made it up - about little George cutting down the cherry tree has a nice moral, but it was too good to be true.
- From high school, I felt that I had the goody-goody thing and the academic thing pretty well locked up, but I was a geek in need of a social life, so I moved into a frat.
- He looked like the goody-goody boy next door, tall and with a slight build, a little tanned, with wavy brown hair and plain brown eyes.
- Hattie was the little goody-goody sister, and I was the bad one.
- I didn't want my school friends to think of me as a goody-goody type just because I was a pastor's kid, so I swore and drank and got high with them.
- Strictly not for the sweet goody-goody music listeners, is this album.
- At that time, their denial was their belief that they were popular all over the World as a paternalistic big brotherly, goody-goody neighbor.
- Oh, but he's too goody-goody to let her know or do anything about it.
- But that's exactly what Edwards has shown he can't or won't do, for fear of blemishing his goody-goody image.
- He is so different from all the other boring, goody-goody superheroes.
- Despite his goody-goody reputation Deverin was usually the one who either supplied Wolf with the necessary means of his trouble making, or got him out of trouble.
- If fairy tales make you think of simpering goody-goody princesses and men in tights with page boy haircuts, has Ella Enchanted got a surprise for you.
- I'm not exactly a troublemaker but then I'm not a goody-goody type student either.
- If she had still been a goody-goody she would have been so modest and fainted at the idea.
- Moore is Julie, the goody-goody daughter of a reverend in a North Carolina town.
- My goody-goody reputation would have been gone forever.
- I have some goody-goody friends who are really nice, but we don't have anything in common.
- Maybe they just like goody-goody sweet entertainment.
- This approach isn't just a matter of goody-goody liberal ideals; it's the only solution that has any hope of working in the long run.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.