In English, many things are named after a particular country – but have you ever wondered what those things are called in those countries?
1coloquial(sensational, violent)(scene/ending) sangriento
- Brutal, gory, and dumb, Brotherhood of the Wolf is a mess - not, however, an unsightly one.
- These days, to impress anyone at all, a heist film requires either heaps of brutal, gory violence or a really clever plot.
- Reluctantly instead he turned south down the Indus and, in some of the most bloodthirsty campaigning of a gory career, overwhelmed various tribes.
- This opening scene sets the tone for a grisly, gory and sometimes comic werewolf horror film.
- On a happier and certainly less gory note are the two Mario Bava films that end the series.
- There's not more than a couple of really gory and violent moments that, of course, Brian does very well.
- Horror films aren't necessarily scary, and scary films don't have to be gory.
- Which is just as well, because this Italian film knew how to pile on the gory effects.
- Moore, however, has not filled this film with scenes of gory violence.
- A film condemning violence only to not show it in its full, bloody, gory glory would be hypocritical.
- It's not gory, although it is quite macabre for quite a large portion of the plot.
- There aren't many scenes of vampirism in the film, and when there are, they are neither gory nor scary.
- I just hope my and Rob's rather gory tales of tongue-related ailments/injuries didn't gross anyone out.
- While the film was not the director's usual sci-fi, gory, effects driven fare, it still provokes a great deal of thought.
- Blood-soaked walls and carpets and severed heads are being used to construct grisly murder scenes as part of a gory game of whodunit for students to solve.
- If you're looking for a really gory, terrifying movie, then neither film will work for your needs.
- Immediately, I launched into a gory tale of battle, exaggerating the blood spewing everywhere.
- I'm going to try and do an odd, gory and even grotesque modern horror film that's done in a real classical style.
- Have you noticed how costumes and masks are getting generally more bloody, gory, and depraved each year?
- It's about as gory a moment as I've seen in a film like this in years.
- Each of the wounds were gory holes of half-clotted blood, tufts of fur, and the white substance of fat.
- Dirt covered her cheeks and nose, gory gashes decorated her petite body, and she seemed deprived of food for days.
- Robinson left the door to lean over the table, apparently not as repulsed by the gory mess as his partner clearly was.
- He had seen everything, every gory bloody human mess man can create, and had been trained not to respond.
- Hey, don't dismiss it as another horror film with a bit of spooky stuff, a gory hand, a falling chandelier.
- Similarly, Joe was overwhelmed by a gory birth his wife endured while he watched in horror.
- People think that nursing isn't for the faint of heart because of the blood and other gory things.
- I have this big fear of being all rank and sweaty in that hospital bed, all gory and blooded up down below like some kind of murder scene.
- Halloween isn't a film that requires gory entrails and jets of blood bathing the lens to sustain interest or tension.
- A foot of gory steel stood out of his back, and blood sprayed from his mouth as he stared down at the sword in his guts.
- Then the ghost of Banquo, all gory and bloody comes to haunt Macbeth at the banquet.
- Aron went down with her on top of him, and the blood pack slipped from his hands to make a gory splatter on the floor.
- The clone's head disappeared in a gory spray of bone, brain matter and blood as the rounds went home.
English has borrowed many of the following foreign expressions of parting, so you’ve probably encountered some of these ways to say goodbye in other languages.
Many words formed by the addition of the suffix –ster are now obsolete - which ones are due a resurgence?
As their breed names often attest, dogs are a truly international bunch. Let’s take a look at 12 different dog breed names and their backstories.