nombrePlural Governors General, Plural governors general
1(in British Commonwealth)Gobernador General masculinoGobernadora General femenino
- The Governor General represented both the Queen and her British government, and he was always a Briton.
- In Singapore, in the late 1940s, he was the British Governor General for South East Asia and later in Kenya he had played the role of a diplomat.
- She is the youngest daughter of Lord Patten of Barnes, the 28th and last British Governor General of Hong Kong.
- The Governor General of India, Lord Louis Mountbatten, oversaw the provisional acceptance of Kashmir into the Indian union pending a plebiscite.
- Final confirmation of the reserve by the Governor General in Council has never been obtained.
- Brisbane will lead the international fleet into the harbour to be greeted by onlookers and reviewing officers, Prince Phillip and the Governor General.
- ‘It is with deep regret and after much thought that I have today advised the Prime Minister that I wish to resign from the office of Governor General of the Commonwealth of Australia,’ he added.
- Brisbane will lead the review into the harbour, while it is expected the Governor General will be the reviewing officer.
- After coming to a decision, the members of the Cabinet Committee, or perhaps a senior member, signed the draft Order in Council, which was then presented to the Governor General for her signature.
- Our constitution was written when Queen Victoria ruled and the Governor General was her representative.
- In March 1904 the city council petitioned the Governor General for possession or control of the city water front.
- Although she can't force an election, the Governor General can advise the prime minister to dissolve Parliament and call a vote.
- Dame Catherine Tizard became New Zealand's first woman Governor General - the fourth female Governor-General in the Commonwealth.
- He'd met with the Governor General back in January to discuss the needs of underprivileged children and has so far received her esteemed stamp of approval.
- The Prime Minister, the Foreign Minister and the Governor General all asked the Singapore Government to grant him clemency, but Singapore's Cabinet rejected their pleas today.
- The first Governor General of British Bengal was appointed because he was well versed in Urdu and Persian.
2Britanico(chief administrator)director general masculinodirectora general femenino